Start the new year right with Pursuit Week: 7 days of prayer and fasting!
January 18th -24th
- We will have a special NIGHT OF PRAYER on Wednesday, January 20th at 6pm.
- There will be Daily devotionals available for both Men and Women.
Biblical fasting involves abstaining from food for a period of time. There are different types of fasting recorded in the Bible. When we fast, it’s a tangible, physical declaration that we depend on God to meet our needs and value building up our spirits for eternity more than the temporary satisfaction of indulging our physical cravings. We are not dependent on the world or ourselves, we are drawing near to God and deepening our relationship with Him.
Steps to prepare for fasting:
- Pray and ask God for direction in how you should fast.
- Consult a medical professional before making any drastic changes to your diet, especially if you have health conditions, or take medication. Complete fasting is not recommended for children or women who are pregnant, but you may choose to fast certain types of foods such as sweets or eating out.
- Decide what type of fast you will participate in. Some options include:
- If you are brand new to fasting, consider fasting certain meals or fasting certain food items such as meat and desserts to start.
- A partial fast such as the Daniel Fast, which involves consuming only plant foods including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
- A liquid fast, consuming juices, smoothies, and broth.
- A complete fast abstaining from all food and drinking only water.
Scriptures on Fasting
Here are a few scriptures on fasting and prayer:
Daniel 1:1-17 and 10:2-3
Weekend Service Information
Sundays 900AM | 1100AM
Wednesday PRAYER NIGHT |January 20th 6PM